On a Windows server with Active Directory Domain Services or Remote Server Administration Tools installed, open your Start menu and select Run. In the input box, type dsa.msc and hit OK. You should now be looking at your Active Directory Users and Computers configuration window. Right-click your domain in the left pane and choose the Properties menu item.
- Your domain’s full DNS name is the first name listed in the General tab.
- Your domain’s NetBIOS name is the pre-Windows 2000 entry in the same tab.
Within Lansweeper, the domain’s DNS and Netbios names are required to configure some of the available scanning targets, such as Active Directory Domain scanning. This agentless, fully automated scanning target is suitable for scanning Windows computers that are part of an Active Directory domain. Additionally, You can configure a preferred domain controller for each domain using the DNS and Netbios name, which increases Lansweeper’s scanning performance across your IT-network.
3 Tips For Redirecting Your .CA Domain Name
When someone types your .CA domain name into a browser they expect to end up at your website. But you have the power to send them elsewhere! This is typically called domain forwarding or redirecting. Here are three tips for redirecting your .CA domain name.
- Provide a website alternative. If you already have your .CA domain name but don’t have a website yet put it to good use by redirecting it. You can redirect your domain name to your blog your social media profile or your online store The choice is yours. This is a great way to use your domain name, build your brand and take advantage of your traffic even if you don’t have a website yet.
- Build a domain name portfolio. If you already have a domain name and a website consider registering additional domains to build and protect your brand online this is great for brands that have a name that is difficult to remember or spell And that doesn’t mean each domain needs its own website! You can simply redirect these additional domains to your primary website. No matter which domain someone visits they’ll end up right where you want them.
- Let your Registrar do the heavy lifting. Many .CA certified registrars offer redirecting services with easy and inexpensive setup. Simply select your domain name choose where you want traffic to be redirected to and watch the magic happen! Redirecting your .CA domain name is a great way to reinforce your brand and make it easy for people to find you online.